We love to meet students from other institutions, as you bring a different perspective and experience to our practice. We value students that have a passion for Dermatology, and we strive to train diverse leaders in dermatology who advance teledermatology through excellent patient care, innovative research endeavors, and commitment to life-long development for themselves and others.
We will be pleased to welcome medical students from MD or DO schools to rotate in our dermatology clinic. We have successfully hosted rotations offering total immersion in a fast-paced dermatology practice where medical students manage their own patient load with MD oversight. Students will be exposed to medical, pediatric, surgical, as well as cosmetic patients.
- Students will be able to obtain a history from patients pertinent to their presenting skin disease.
- Students will be able to adequately perform a physical examination of the skin, hair, nails, and mucosal surfaces as well as describe using dermatologic terminology.
- Students will be able to correlate history and physical findings, present a differential diagnosis, and formulate a diagnostic and/or treatment plans
- Students will be able to perform diagnostic skin tests (i.e. shave biopsy, punch biopsy) and perform appropriate suture closures as indicated
- Students will attend lectures if there are any
- Students on rotations will write a case study on an assigned or chosen topic.